Friday, August 10, 2018

A Quick Trip back Home

Yesterday I returned from my week long trip back home. It was a very last minute thing, as just recently, my dad was in hospital due to an apparently rare strain of pneumonia that required him to be hospitalised for about a week. Fortunately, by the time I arrived, he was already out of hospital, and was looking a lot better compared to when I video chatted with him a few times previously.

The thing about this trip, was not just was it a last minute decision, but this was strictly to spend time with the family, so no catching up with friends this time (though I will be doing that when I go back for Christmas/New Year). I was glad to be able to spend more time with Dad and Mum, and I think because I'm no longer at home, I had more patience with my parents. With Dad's health, and just naturally slowing down due his age, I wasn't really bothered by it. We also took Dad out for an early birthday celebration where I gave him a card and small box of rum & raisin chocolates I bought back in Chikusei.

I was also able to sort out some of my other errands, including filing my taxes, sorting out my accounts, getting some pokemon event cards for my 3DS pokemon games, and buying souvenirs/gifts for my girlfriend, and the obligatory omiyage/souvenirs for the teachers at my school.
Oh, and I was able to scan a bunch of my drawings I had drawn last year and this year, so I am hoping to finish the update for my site before the summer break ends. I have been working on an update for the site since a few months ago, but other things tend to get in the way these days. However, I have not forgotten about my baby... well the site is nearly 20 years old now, so I can't really call it my baby anymore - maybe my teenage kid? (laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment