Saturday, March 19, 2022

We're in the end game now

So, I've recently started making preparations to move to my new apartment in less than a week. Compared to other times I've moved, this time is particularly stressful. This time, I don't have the support of my employer to help me move my stuff (because I'm leaving the company), and in addition, I'm moving to a completely different prefecture. Also, I have to factor in packing and moving my girlfriend's things too, whereas in previous cases, it was just my stuff.
Fortunately, many of the things that I brought over from my previous apartment were already boxed up. However, a significant number of boxes are dedicated to... all my gunpla. Not just built kits (of which I have plenty of), but also a respectable back log that I have built up since I moved two years ago.

As for transporting my boxes, I was initially going to use the moving service offered by Leopalace (moving in to another Leopalace apartment), but the cost with them turned out to be more expensive than the initial set up costs of my new apartment. So I settled on a combination of renting a van to move some of the furniture and bicycle, and the Yamato service to send most of my boxes for same day delivery. 

And after all that, I have to finish up cleaning the apartment for inspection for Sunday afternoon. 

So yeah, pretty stressful next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment