Friday, January 7, 2022

Snow

明けましておめでとう (Happy New Year)

For the first time in 4 years, snow hit Tokyo and nearby prefectures, including Ibaraki prefecture yesterday. 

I actually had not noticed the snow until I stepped outside my apartment at midday. At that time I decided to quickly do my shopping, as I knew that it would be too dangerous to drive with regular tires later in the day. I was a bit concerned about what was going to happen regarding school today, and it seems that my city's Board of Education has decided that ALTs would come to school 2 hours later, based on the email I received last night from my employer. I had a look outside again this morning, and noticed that there's still plenty of snow around, and most likely ice on the road. Since I don't have snow tires on my car, and given the distance and location of my school today, I'm thinking of taking the train instead. It will be a little inconvenient, as it it's still a bit of a walk from the station to the school, but I feel it's definitely the safer option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment