Monday, December 27, 2021

Merii Kurisumasu---!!!

メリークリスマス皆!

Merry Christmas everyone. Despite not being able to go home for Christmas (for the second year in a row...), my girlfriend and I went out with some friends for some yakiniku. In a post I made years ago about traditional Christmas meals in Japan, yakiniku is bit unusual in comparison. Even so, the yakiniku restaurant that we went to on Saturday was very busy. Fortunately, my girlfriend booked a table in advance for us. We also made sure to skip breakfast and lunch so we can eat big for dinner. 

In terms of presents, I got my girlfriend some nice chocolates and a nice one piece dress for her (which was also to make up for her belated birthday present), while I got myself a Gundam kit, but not just any Gundam kit, a solid clear version of the Master Grade Gundam 3.0. It was from an Ichiban Kuji campaign back in 2018, but I was very surprised at how cheap I was able to find a copy of it on Rakuten. It was around 4,000 yen (around $40), which is comparable to most regular release Master Grade Gundam kits, so I'm happy with my purchase. My girlfriend will be getting my Christmas present a little later this week. 

Unrelated, I was able to get back to going to the gym these last two days. After 3 months of resting (after fucking up my back doing something stupid in the gym), I was finally able to do some training. Of course, I'm still not 100%, but it definitely does feel great to be back. Though the gym will be closed for the New Year break, I'll be looking forward to going back afterwards. As long as I'm careful and avoid exercises that affect my back for the time being, and as long as I don't do anything stupid at the gym again, hopefully the recovery will continue without further issues.

As for plans for the New Year, I have none. We were planning to do a little bit of travelling, but unfortunately, with the Omicron variant of the CCP virus in Japan now, and everyone else most likely planning to travel during this period, we decided to hold off on travel until after the winter break has finished, and instead go during a period where not everybody is going to be travelling at the same time... possibly for my birthday maybe? Who knows. 

While I will be having a quiet one again this year, I hope you will have a safe and happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment