Monday, May 3, 2021

I'm Tired...

Hello there. Yes, it has been nearly two months since my last post. While things have been happening in these last two months, some deeply personal matters also popped up that really killed any drive to do anything besides working. Despite having to force myself to do things recently (such as going to the gym, work on my site, or even post here), it will (hopefully) keep me distracted from what's been happening in my personal life.

As for what's been happening lately in Japan, well it's currently Golden Week. Parts of Japan, including Tokyo and Osaka are under another state of emergency - but without any real penalties or a proper lockdown, along with a change of thinking for many companies to embrace working from home, I suspect cases will dip down temporarily before going up. However, being Golden Week, and people wanting to travel, I could be completely wrong on this. 

Another issue Japan seems to be facing is that despite having ample vaccines to issue out, the medical system doesn't have adequate means to do so. Anyone who has lived in Japan shouldn't be surprised that unnecessary bureaucratic red tape has once again dragged things out, with vaccines lying around being unused.
I have heard some countries have adopted a system where any vaccines that haven't been used at the end of the day will be issued to anyone who happens to be waiting at the doctor's around that time, or are alternatively put on a special list where they can be contacted to come in for the vaccine. If not enough elderly people are taking up the vaccine, I feel that they should start administering it to people who do want the vaccine - which would be great for people who are in jobs that require regular contact with people (especially schools - good luck trying to enforce social distancing at schools - the best that can be done usually is making sure kids are wearing their masks).

As for what I've been doing during this period, my gf and I went to visit her aunt and uncle in Chiba where we had lunch and yakiniku for dinner. They also gave me an old school MG Nu Gundam model kit - this is related to my personal matter, and they bought it for me with the hopes that it would lift my spirits. They mentioned before we visited that they wanted to give me money, but I refused it, feeling it wasn't appropriate to accept it because of this matter - but they went ahead and bought a Gundam kit for me anyway. Perhaps once I've built it, I may write up a review for it for my site. It's a kit from 2000, and since I didn't get in to gunpla until around 2013, it will be interesting to see the kind of engineering that was used for kits back in those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment