Thursday, February 27, 2020

An early end to the school year?

According to news that's springing up online just recently, Prime Minister Abe has ordered that all schools be closed from March 2 until the end of spring break:

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200227/p2g/00m/0na/101000c

This basically means that tomorrow is my last day at my schools. While the teachers know that I will not be the same schools next year, I haven't told them that I will be leaving the city. Guess I'll have to break that news to them tomorrow too.
This also means, that I will probably not get any work or pay for March. I have yet to receive any word from my employer on this matter, that I am sure we will be getting some sort of email from the company tomorrow. 

This also gives me plenty of time to pack up my things, and be able to get the keys to my apartment from the Leopalace office in Chiba on the 24th without having to ask for time off. Still, that little bit of convenience is not worth the trade off of having no work for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully, it will only last until end of spring break, and not be extended any further - otherwise, I (and many other ALTs) will probably begin feeling the pinch not long after.

I have my own thoughts on this whole Corona virus - WHO selling out to China, CCP not being entirely honest, Australia pretty much belonging to China at this point. I guess I'll save that for another time when I have collected my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment