Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas in Japan 2019

Came back from a two day trip in Tokyo to spend time with my girlfriend. Feels a little strange since I was back home celebrating Christmas last year.

Getting around Tokyo (especially Ikebukuro Station) during that time was pretty much:


On the 24th, we had KFC for dinner - the traditional Christmas dinner for all who celebrate Christmas in Japan. As for the 25th, we went to a small Italian restaurant in Sugamo. I have to admit, I really enjoyed the gnocchi they served, as it also had pieces of sweet potato thrown in to the mix, which gave the dish a surprisingly mild and sweet taste to go with the cheesy sauce. Would definitely have it again if the given the opportunity. On the 26th, my girlfriend needed to work on her thesis for most of the day, so I wandered around Akihabara and Ikebukuro before meeting up to buy each other's late Christmas presents. I bought her an external hard drive, whereas she bought me a HG Char's Zaku II (Red Comet version), and some protein powder.

While we weren't able to spend much time together, due to her having to finish up her thesis for submission by the beginning of next month, I was happy to see her, as it has been about two months since we last saw each other. She promised to make up for it after she's submitted her thesis next month by coming to Chikusei (which she hasn't done in quite some time). While it is a small city, I want to go check out Furispo, as in all my time here, I've never been there, despite having heard about it, and even passing by it from time to time. I guess it's one of those places you'd go with friends rather than alone. Anyway, having her come to visit is something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment