Saturday, July 2, 2022

CCP Virus or Heat stroke - Which is the lesser of two evils?

 https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220627/p2g/00m/0na/038000c

To be honest, I wasn't even aware of this. I do watch the news on TV every morning before work, and even read up on Japanese news online. The fact that I didn't even know of the government's push to (very slowly) ease up on mask wearing, especially with this hot weather lately, is a demonstration of the government's ineffectiveness in their getting this message out to the people. There are already a number of cases of people (especially children) suffering form heatstroke, because it has now become so ingrained in Japan to wear masks no matter what - and the whole group mentality of Japanese society in general - that people won't take off their masks while out for fear of being called out on it or inconveniencing others.

I can only just imagine the government realising their efforts to get everyone to wear masks has backfired:

As I said earlier, the weather has been incredibly hot lately. Not only because it's summer, but it's because the rainy season (梅雨 tsuyu) ended earlier than expected - and the news was making mention of this recently too. 

Furthermore, I've recently been given the orders to work out of town again (won't disclose the nature of the work or where, so I don't inadvertently give away my employer or me). Walking outside to and from has been really rough - so bad, that for the first time, I actually have been taking my mask off while walking outside. Furthermore, I'm considering getting a small umbrella to protect me from the sun, since my commutes while out of town don't have much shade the moment I step out of the train.  I will be working out of town until the end of the month, but fortunately, recent progress in my job has meant that this will (hopefully) be the last time I'll be working out of town.. at least in this particular area anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment