Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Getting used to city life again

For the most part, I have settled in to my new place in Saitama prefecture. One of the things I've noticed since coming here is foreigners are much more common to see around compared to the five years I spent living in Ibaraki prefecture. It will take a bit of getting used to again. 
Though, given Ibaraki has had the honor of being named the worst prefecture for many years now, I guess I shouldn't be surprised in the difference between the two prefectures. Not to mention that Saitama prefecture is pretty much next door to Tokyo. From where I live, it takes less than an hour to get to Tokyo by train.

However, now that I no longer have a car to use, getting around has been a little inconvenient, but not overly difficult. Today, I needed to go to city hall to register may new address. Fortunately, from the train station, it was about a 10 minute bus trip. The procedure wasn't that difficult - it was more waiting on my part, after presenting them my residence card, and my moving out notice from my previous city, along with the statement of my current job description to highlight that I don't need to the national insurance and pension (due to my employer handling these things, I fall under the social insurance and pension - this means that those two will be directly deducted from my salary by my employer, as opposed to me having to go to a convenience store every few months to pay)

Tomorrow, I need to take my medical examination, which I had been putting off until after the move. Fortunately, my employer was kind enough to make the booking for me. Then come Friday, I'll be officially starting my new job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment