Monday, June 28, 2021

Not looking forward to Summer break 2021...

 Yeah, not looking forward to it for a few reasons. One of which is the Olympics, which despite public opinion preferring that it be cancelled or postponed this year, due to the number of variants of the CCP virus that have emerged in recent months.
However, the one thing that has me concerned is the summer break which will apparently start from late July this year and finish around the end of August. Normally, I would go home to visit my parents, but since last year, I have not been able to do that.  Fortunately, my summer break last year was just two weeks, due to the late start of the school semester at the time (again, thanks to the CCP virus). This meant that for the first time, I would get paid for August, and I wouldn't have to struggle to save money from September until my next pay which would be late October. The company apparently has some sort of program for ALTs to teach online classes running. While this could mean potential for extra income during the summer break, the lack of any solid information other than, jobs will be posted when the city's BOE posts it doesn't give me much confidence for opportunities for extra during the break, as the company will contact ALTs directly about these job postings. I've asked the company for any kind of extra work, just to get some money coming in to avoid the two months suffering that will follow. They mentioned something about needing ALTs to help for some events during the break, but have been sparse on details other than "I'll let you when we have more information."

So yeah, not really looking forward to Summer break this year. I normally don't say this, but I'd rather be working than having 5 - 6 weeks of unpaid of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment